Lewis Sports Foundation Scholarship Program
Purpose: Our scholarships are given to young people who without financial assistance might not otherwise be able to participate in their chosen physical activity or sport. The scholarship program provides opportunities for individuals to excel in amateur sport competition. Scholarships are awarded to deserving individuals for their ambition to excel and succeed despite the challenges they had to overcome. The scholarships are given as a support tool to the individual that falls within the purpose set out and defined by LSF in its exempt function. Scholarship distributions range from $100-$500.
As a standard practice, LSF supports scholarships for:
- Personal entry fees to competition or events
- LSF Sponsored events
- Travel to and from physical activity and sport contests
- Personal equipment and supplies
- Other sport interests that are under the discretion of the Board of Directors
Written requests must include the following:
- Parent(s)/Guardian of Recipient
- Name of Affiliate Organization
- Name/Title of Organization Contact
- City, State, Zip
- Email address
- Purpose of request
- Brief description of objectives
- Budget summary of project/event (including anticipated income and expenses).
- A summary that specifies project timetable, individual progression, completion, and follow up analysis to determine success of the scholarship given.
Deadlines for the submission of all information for scholarships are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. The number and size of scholarships allocated each year depends on the budgeted allotment, the number of applications received, and the amount of funding requested. Allow 2-4 weeks from the information deadline for a decision on your funding request. (LSF sports camps and events are reviewed on separate timelines). The recipient will be notified by email or postal mail as soon as the request for funding has been determined.
If you are awarded funding, your project or event must be completed within 12 months of the grant. Final results of your project should be submitted 30 days after the project has concluded or 12 months after the grant has been issued. Funding renewals are not automatic and cannot be guaranteed. If you are applying for a funding renewal, you must submit a report of the final results from the prior scholarship with your new funding request. Scholarships are awarded only once to each applicant. Incomplete funding requests will be returned and will not be considered for funding until complete.